CBD, Also known as Cannabinoid, is oil derived from the plant Cannabis. Its growing popularity in the wellness world has made all of us curious about the benefits of the oil. Also, with so many claims on the internet, we all are confused about which one are facts and which one are rumours. If the same is the confusion with you, read on to find out the benefits of the CBD and how it improves your health.
Origin: As told earlier CBD is derived from the cannabis plant. This plant is used as hemp or Marijuana, depending on how much THC is contained by both.
Hemp plants are legal only when they contain less than 0.3 percent of THC. However, Marijuana bred only those plants of Marijuana which have high THC content.
When the hemp farmers modify this plant, and that’s where CBD oil is derived from.
How it Works?
The cannabinoids interact with the receptors in the human body. These two receptors are called CB1 receptors (which is present in the entire body, majorly in the human brain. The coordination and movement of mood, emotion, pain and other functions are in control of this receptor); CB2 receptors (these receptors affect the inflammation and pain. These are majorly found in the human immune system).
The THC gets attached to these receptors; however, the CBD helps these receptors to produce its cannabinoids. These are called the endocannabinoids.
How does it improve your Health?
1. Natural Pain reliever: CBD oil is the most natural and hence the safest way to cure the pain and inflammation of a human body. The traditional medicines have a lot of chemicals, and thus taking them for a long time might do more harm than good. On the other side, CBD is a natural source of anti-inflammation and therefore, can cure chronic pain or inflammation in the safest way possible.
2. Skin Friendly: CBD is not only beneficial when consumed, but also benefits when applied topically. A study reveals that when used topically, CBD also reduces skin inflammation, pain as well as scarring.
3. Forget Alzheimer’s Disease: People with Alzheimer’s disease cannot recognize familiar faces. CBD comes to the rescue of this disease. This oil helps retain memory, and so it helps people with Alzheimer’s to memorize the faces of the people they know.
4. Bubye Anxiety: People who have PTSD, Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety disorder and OCD have behaviours that have one thing in common—Anxiety. CBD aids in relieving the symptoms of anxiety, and hence will work in favour of the people dealing with such anxiety disorders.
5. Ache to Acne: Acne is a significant concern for people of teenage age as well as adults. Teens these days hog on to the number of anti-acne treatments that cost an arm and a leg and yet fail to live up to their expectations. However, CBD oil is one sure shot and Natural way that decreases the production of sebum; the root cause of acne.
With so many benefits that act like boons in our day to day lives, CBD oil is a significant relief for a lot of us. The only precaution we want you to take is seeking medical advice before using this magic potion.